Botox, Dysport, and Xeomin do the same work for treating skin. Botox is a drug made from a neurotoxin produced by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum (botulinum toxin). It is used to counter wrinkles. It blocks the nerves that contract muscles and softens the appearance of wrinkles.
Botox Injections Overview
Botulinum toxin is a material that has been known for many years and used for medical purposes for more than 50 years. Botox was approved for excess sweating (hyperhidrosis), and in 2010, Botox was approved for the treatment of migraines. Nowadays, it is used to soften the skin and remove wrinkles. There are many dermatologists, which use it as a skin tightening in Delhi. Many physicians strive to inject it in the patient’s body to get the desired results. It is obvious thing, that a medical expert should have knowledge of using Botox injections in the right way, so that a patient does not suffer from a side effect.
Botox is a prescribed treatment, in which injections are injected into muscles and used for:
- Treating overactive bladder symptoms such as a strong need to urinate with leaking or wetting accidents (urge urinary incontinence), a strong need to urinate right away (urgency), and urinating often (frequency) in adults 18 years and older when another type of medicine (anticholinergic) does not work well enough or cannot be taken.
- To treat leakage of urine (incontinence) in adults 18 years and older with overactive bladder due to neurologic disease who still have leakage or cannot tolerate the side effects after trying an anticholinergic medication
- To prevent headaches in adults with chronic migraine who have 15 or more days each month with headache lasting 4 or more hours each day in people 18 years or older
- To treat increased muscle stiffness in elbow, wrist, and finger muscles in people 18 years and older with upper limb spasticity
- To treat the abnormal head position and neck pain that happens with cervical dystonia (CD) in people 16 years and older
- To treat certain types of eye muscle problems (strabismus) or abnormal spasm of the eyelids (blepharospasm) in people 12 years and older
Botox Injection Preparation
The material comes as a crystalline substance, when it is purchased, after the purchase it has to be reconstituted with saline or another liquid. Practitioners add some water on that when reconstituting it. It is important to remember that if a dermatologist is offering you Botox injection, it will be provided by him/her with some water or other substance added in it.
During the Procedure
The patient is placed in a table or raised position on the exam table. The area in the body, where the injection is applied is cleaned very well. After this, the Botox is injected into the desired areas. It is common for pressure to be applied if an area seems to be bleeding after the injection.
As stated before, the results of botox treatment are ultimate. You can get the results within three to 10 days or even sooner. As time passes, the muscle activity will gradually return to normal.
Results can vary depending on who is performing the injection on the patient. So, it is always suggested, that you should visit a best skin specialist in your area.
If you are residing in Delhi, botox treatment in Delhi is offered at very low rates by Dr. Rishi Parashar.