Skin is the soft outer covering of vertebrates. As the body’s protective outer-shell, your skin puts up with a lot. Harmful elements such as chemicals, infections, cuts, scrapes, and sunlight keep the seemingly delicate organ under near-constant assault. The addition of sweaty gym-sessions and stress send your epidermis into overdrive, leaving it no choice but to react. Sharing skin relating facts, Best dermatologist in Delhi tells that the skin is the largest organ of the body, covering a total area or around 20 square feet in the average adult. It is the first line of defense against bacteria and injury, and often reflects the overall health of the body.
What does skin specialist in Delhi do?
Dr. Rishi, Parashar Skin Clinic, Delhi, says that “Although many of the conditions seen by dermatologists can be treated with medication and non-invasive therapy, some conditions may require surgical intervention or other more aggressive therapy”. We at Parashar skin clinic expert surgeons treat your severe skin disease through needed surgery.
- Biopsies: Skin biopsies are primarily carried out to diagnose or rule out certain skin conditions. There are three main types of skin biopsy that are commonly performed: shave biopsies remove small sections of the top layer of skin, punch biopsies remove small circular section including deeper layers, and excision biopsies remove entire areas of abnormal-looking skin.
- Cryotherapy: A quick and common form of treatment for many benign skin conditions such as warts. Skin lesions are frozen, often using liquid nitrogen, in order to destroy affected skin cells.
- Dermabrasion: Using a high-speed rotating brush, a skin specialist in Delhi removes the top layer of skin, surgically sloughing off scar tissue, fine wrinkles, tattoos and potentially precancerous skin patches.
- Hair removal and restoration: Hair loss can be treated with hair transplantation or surgery to the scalp.
- Laser surgery: Dermatologists can use special light beams to remove a variety of skin complaints.
- Cosmetic injections: Wrinkles, scarring and lost facial fullness can be temporarily treated with injections to diminish the signs of aging. Botulinum toxin therapy or fillers such as collagenand fat can be injected by dermatologists